Effective: November 22, 2013
Welcome to UBM Canon LLC (“UBM Canon” or “we”).
UBM Canon is the leading B2B media company dedicated exclusively to the global advanced manufacturing sector, a $3.0 trillion business. We create face to face events and premier business and professional content and offer people in our business and professional communities a number of ways to connect directly with one another. We support the flow of information, commerce and innovation in such sophisticated segments as medical devices and pharmaceutical development. We address cutting edge developments in the broader areas of advanced engineering design and manufacturing, manufacturing processes and packaging. We help you succeed in an advanced, technology driven manufacturing world.
- register for or attend our face to face events that take place in the United States;
- subscribe to any of our print publications distributed around the world, access digital editions of those publications, or sign up for webinars or online venues offered to subscribers; or
- use one of our mobile apps.
Information That Identifies You
We rely on the information you provide to us as you register, contact us, participate in surveys, post comments to public areas of and interact with digital properties and assets, respond to email campaigns, participate in webinars or online events or attend face to face events.
Once you have registered with us, we will create a profile for you. We will add information about how you interact with our offerings for example, your registrations or subscriptions, the events you attend, the content you access and the like. We may also add information to your profile from external sources.
We may work to expand our communities by acquiring names and contact details from other sources that have compiled contact information. This information might be public information or data you provided to others with necessary permissions. We may also invite you to join our communities via third party social and professional networking sites.
Automatic Data Collection Technologies
Some of our web sites use Adobe Flash to provide video content, and the Adobe Flash Player has the ability to separately store information about that particular Flash application. We do not associate this Adobe Flash stored information with you as an individual. Please see the Adobe Flash Player Help page for additional information about controlling the settings of the Adobe Flash Player on your computer.
We gather date, time, certain information about a user’s browser and system or device configuration and capabilities, navigation history and IP address for all visitors to our web sites. We use this information for our internal security audit log, for trend analysis and system administration and to gather broad information about our audiences and their geographic locations.
Our apps may gather information about the mobile device that you use to access content or your behavior at one of our face to face events.
How We Use Information That Identifies You
We use information about you:
- to provide the services, publications, and information you request and to manage your account with us.
- to deliver or display content that matches your professional interests and responsibilities.
- to contact you with information about and invitations for products and services – ours and other companies’ – directed to your professional interests and responsibilities.
- to offer you opportunities to connect directly with your peers and with sellers of technology that may be of interest to you.
- to give suppliers in our communities a limited opportunity to find you: We make contact data, including email addresses, available in a subscription-only data base for our exhibitors and sponsors. If you wish to find out whether contact information about you is in this data base or to have data removed, please email us at [email protected].
- for any other purpose that we tell you about when you give us the information.
You have choices about:
Receiving email marketing messages from us.
You may opt out of our email marketing lists by following the directions at the bottom of our promotional emails.
To avoid confusion, please note that
- We have a number of brands and products and allow you to opt out selectively. To remove a specific email address from all email marketing from UBM Canon LLC, you may send a request to [email protected].
- Affiliated companies within the UBM plc group, see www.ubm.com, use Canon brands to offer face to face events and digital offerings outside of the United States. These affiliates may publish separate privacy policies and so, collect and use data about you in other ways If you wish to remove your email address from another UBM affiliate’s list, kindly use the unsubscribe mechanism provided in emails you receive from that affiliate or contact that affiliate directly.
- You may receive email marketing messages from us about other companies’ offerings as part of a partner marketing program. To opt out of a partner marketing email program, you may follow the instructions at the bottom of any email we send you as part of the program.
Connecting directly with other companies for marketing purposes at our face to face events.
- Sponsors of our face to face events receive the name, title and company of the people who register for the event.
- If you attend a special sponsored session at an event or sponsored conference, we will collect your full registration details on behalf of the sponsor(s) and provide the information to the sponsor.
- You otherwise control when to provide information, including your email address, to exhibitors or any third party at a face to face event. Please note, exhibitors may use equipment to scan that information from your badge, with your consent or participation. The badges cannot be read at a distance.
Connecting directly with other companies for marketing purposes in the digital world.
- Your interests. We put you in touch with third parties when your behavior at a digital event or online indicates that you may be interested in a vendor’s offerings. In addition to providing you with our own editorial content, we offer you the opportunity to access others’ branded content and expertise. When you choose to take advantage of that content or expertise, you choose to have your name and contact details transferred directly to that other company so that they may contact you. We will put you in direct contact with another company or companies when you choose to:
- Access third party resources in certain registration only, or “gated” resource centers or directory services. If you log on and either access or click on a link to technical resources provided or sponsored by another company, we will provide your contact data to that company.
- Subscribe to our vendor email newsletters and click on a vendor’s information and offerings.
- As you attend a virtual event, we may give your name and contact data plus a record of your visits to the exhibitor(s) whose booth and resources you access.
We will use one or more cookies to track your interests in the digital resources listed above. Your registration for and log on to any of the above specific, gated activities will constitute you consent to be tracked as described and to be put in touch directly with any vendors you select. If you wish to withdraw that consent, simply do not attend the event or access the resources.
Making information you provide public.
- We offer web sites that allow you to publish content. Many of these sites require that you register if you wish to do so. We will publish the user name you provide at registration when you comment. Some sites allow you to create a public profile as well.
- Our online event venues also allow you to have both public and closed communications with exhibitors and other participants. Information that identifies you will be published or shared according to your choices in that venue.
- In addition, we may create online membership communities that allow you to create and publish your profile and other information. These communities may provide privacy controls which allow you to choose how much of your profile and other information to make public or to share with others within the community. As a professional, you remain responsible for locating the privacy controls (usually available on the page from which you can edit your profile), understanding how those controls, including default settings, work and protecting the information you provide.
- Some of our apps allow you to publish information available to others who are also using the same app, for example, at a face to face event. We recommend that you understand how the app will work, what access it may have to your social media or other accounts, and what choices you may have.
Keeping your account information is up to date.
Please help us keep your account information up to date. To contact us about a print subscription, or to cancel the subscription, please check the UBM Canon LLC information (the “masthead”) inside the print publication. You may update most online registrations by consulting the particular web site itself or visiting a preference page after you have logged on to the site.
More Information About Cookies
We place cookies that identify you, or allow third parties to do so on our behalf, for the following purposes:
- to recognize you automatically when you return to a gated community.
- to understand your interests in content, both our own content and that of other companies, on or across our web sites.
- to control access to gated online events including webinars and virtual events.
- to make an automated record of your interests within a digital property.
- to manage and follow up on email campaigns.
You may use the tools in your browser to decline, disable, or delete any cookies.
You will still be able to log on to a gated digital property if you decline or delete the persistent cookie that enables automatic recognition but you will need to log on each time.
Third party advertising cookies.
We allow other companies, called third party ad servers, to serve ads on our digital properties. We currently allow the following companies to do so:
We recommend that you click on the links we have provided here to visit each of their web sites for more information about the technologies they use and their privacy practices, including your ability to block their cookies or ad targeting. Please note that we do not control cookies and other data collection technologies that the ad servers may allow or that their advertisers may use.
Each of the third party ad serving companies that serve ads to our web sites is a member of the Network Advertising Initiative, www.networkadvertising.org. The NAI offers useful information about ad networks and a single place to turn off targeted ad serving from any of its members.
We may add or change the list of third party ad servers from time to time without changing the effective date of this Policy itself. We urge you to check this section for changes regularly.
Disclosure of Information About You
We reserve the right to disclose or transfer information about you to third parties in certain circumstances: to vendors that work on our behalf, to law enforcement or other entities that present valid legal process, to protect human safety or our networks or property, or as part of a sale or our merger of business assets.
Other Important Information
UBM Canon LLC is a subsidiary of UBM plc. We may collect and process information on servers around the world.
We use reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect personal information against theft, loss, or misuse. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or storage can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information about you and your professional interests, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you submit to us. You remain responsible for protecting your user name and passwords and for the security of information in transit to us over the Internet.
Please note that virtual events may mimic face to face events by automatically displaying information about you to other participants in the event. We cannot control how other participants use that displayed information, so please take a moment to make sure you understand how a particular virtual event works and what choices you have within the environment.
Our products, services, events and offerings are directed to professionals. They are not intended for children under the age of thirteen.
How to Contact Us
[email protected] or
UBM Canon LLC
Attn: UBM Legal
240 West 35th Street, 8th Floor
New York, New York, 10001